Apparently I’m on a banana bread roll. In case you missed out on this Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread or if you’re being a better human than I am and not eating carb-y, sugar-y goodness —> This one’s for you! Ali from Gimme Some Oven is the smoothie queen among many other things so I always go to her when I’m needing ideas. Man does she have good ones! No joke, this smoothie tastes like a loaf of the best banana bread. Yessssss.
I apologize in advance for the impending influx of smoothie/frozen drink/blender everything recipes but…. I GOT A BLENDTEC!!!! Woot woot!!!!!!! I had been researching the HECK out of blenders and it all came down to Vitamix vs. Blendtec. Nothing at all against Vitamix, I just happened to go with Blendtec. It all came down to a great deal and the fact it can fit under my counter. Geez that thing can blend.
So now we’re blending up anything and everything. Hubs has a smoothie every single morn. I’m too busy running out the door at the last possible second so I have mine at night. And night time = dessert time, for me anyway. While the hubs is busy using up all the kale and spinach, I’m over here looking for dessert-y smoothies I can somehow salvage as healthy. And this banana bread smoothie is a definite winnaahhhh!
PS – I realize I haven’t given a pup update. Cassie had 10, yes, TEN teeth taken out during surgery (yikes) but she is doing fantastic! She is definitely slower in her old age but the girl just won’t quit. She still scarfs down her food and treats like nobody’s business. I thought the Blendtec might have to make her meals, but nope! Apparently when you inhale your food, teeth are not a necessity =) Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I was overwhelmed by texts, calls, messages, etc. during her surgery. I love your faces. Now go have a smoothie on me =)
- 2 bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats (not cooked)
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon maple syrup - if you'd like a sweeter smoothie (I tried it with and without the syrup & preferred it without)
- Optional: ½ cup ice (It's not a necessity thanks to the frozen bananas but I prefer my smoothies very cold and thick. It's up to you!)
- All all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.