Seriously? It’s MAY?!!! I blinked and lost almost half the year. Not ok. Although I am majorly happy it’s CINCO DE MAYO!!! We’re no longer major party people like our past Hollywood days, but Cinco de Mayo is a terrific excuse to whip up these Chicken Guacamole Flautas from Gimme Some Oven. Since my Baked Buffalo Chicken Flautas were such a hit, I thought I’d try a variation one night and found these. Let me tell ya, they do NOT disappoint! Simple, exploding with flavor, and perfect with 5 Ingredient Mango Salsa. Yesssssss. And, since it’s an extra special day you may as well throw a marg in there for good measure.
So, if you follow along in my bloggity blog world, you may recognize I’ve been absent for a bit. So sorry. I think I’m back? My brain hasn’t been fully up to par lately. My kitchen has been full of old, nasty leftovers that should have been thrown away but I felt too guilty throwing away food so, instead, I let them get gross in the fridge. (Am I the only one who does that?) #soannoying
This week I’m back and have a food plan. Now, I just need to follow it. Following through is not my strong suit, in case you hadn’t noticed. Sometimes when your tired and get home from work, you just don’t feel like making and/or eating what’s on the menu. NOT the case with these Chicken Guacamole Flautas, folks! I could eat these weekly. I just might. They are oh so very yumtastic!
Whip up your guac. Of course, my Quick & Easy Guacamole recipe is the go-to ’round these parts because it’s – ahem – quick & easy & DELISH! Shred some chicken. Rotisserie to the rescue, woot! Pop open some refried beans. Shred yo fav cheeeeese. Grab your tortillas. Throw it all together. Bake and EAT! Seriously, lovin’ these flautas and I know you will too. To kick them up a few more notches, serve with this 5 Ingredient Mango Salsa and don’t forget to invite me over =)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1½ cups guacamole (I use one batch of my Quick & Easy Guacamole recipe, linked above)
- 1 cup grated cheese (use your fav: monterey jack, pepperjack, whatever floats your boat)
- 12 soft taco sized flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of refried beans in a line down the middle of the tortilla. Then top with 2 tablespoons of guacamole, followed by a sprinkle of cheese, topped with a few pieces of chicken.
- Roll up the tortilla to form the flautas, then place it on the greased baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray (to make them extra crispy). Then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tortillas are crispy. (Mine took 20 minutes)
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Serve with 5 Ingredient Mango Salsa to kick these up a notch (linked above)