My name is Senika and I’m a recipe-aholic. I have a problem. It’s difficult for me to make the same recipe over and over. Especially when it comes to baking. I’m positive I’ve tried at least 427 different types of banana bread. The hubs can’t take it. He says, “Ok, this one is good. Make this one again!” I’m never quite satisfied though. I always feel like it could-maybe-possibly be a little better, so why not try? I was super intrigued when I found this lil gem of a pin from Lovin’ From The Oven. Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread? Yes, please.
And I can now say that this has been my only banana bread recipe for almost a year! That alone tells you of its extreme yum factor. You’ll love the moist banana-y bread with that perfect layer of cinnamon and sugar lining the middle. Ahhhhh perfection. There’s nothing much better than a house full of that intoxicating banana bread baking aroma.
Slather on some butter and/or cream cheese and I’m ready to get my banana bread coma on. Who’s with me?
- For the Bread:
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups flour
- For the swirl:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking/baking spray.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt on top of the banana mixture. Then add flour and stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix!
- In a small dish, mix together the ⅓ cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon cinnamon for the "swirl."
- Add half of the batter to the loaf pan and sprinkle ¾ of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan.
- Add the rest of the batter and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, when a knife or toothpick comes out of the center clean.