Christmas is almost HERE. Are you ready? Everything wrapped? Baked? Not me. I’m scrambling. I totally thought I had it all together and was on top of the ball this year but I lost it mid-month. It’s ok, we can recover together. I’m not getting as much sleep and the bags under my eyes are little bigger and darker than normal but I’ll survive. I’m super excited to give gifts this year as I did take some more time and put in a little more thought than usual.
And now, I BAKE. The next few days will consist of not much more than tons of butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and lots of oven time. Cinnamon roll day (Christmas Eve) is always fun. Delivering the goods is always a treat! If you don’t have time for the cinnamon rolls, don’t fret! These Easy Candied Pecans from Gimme Some Oven are super, duper easy! They’re only 7 ingredients, most (if not all) of which you have on hand.
Stir it all together, bake, cool, package to gift, or enjoy right away. These are the best tasting and easiest candied nuts I’ve ever made! The spice mixture is perfection. Don’t fret about that cayenne pepper, it’s just a tiny bit to give it a depth of flavor. They aren’t spicy at all =) Make these today to gift up or enjoy with your guests!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups (12 ounces) pecan halves, unsalted
- 1 egg white, whisked (whisk until slightly frothy)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne pepper to a large bowl or Ziploc bag. Mix until evenly combined and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add pecans and whisked egg whites, and toss until the pecans are evenly coated.
- Add in the sugar mixture, and toss until well combined.
- Spread the mixture out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. (The sugar will harden more once the pecans are out of the oven.)
- Remove from the oven, and place on a cooling rack until fully cool.
- Transfer them to a sealed container and store until ready to enjoy.