You know those recipes that knock your socks off? The ones that are super easy so you’re not expecting such an amazing flavor bomb? The ones that everyone is talking about after one social media post? This is it, friends. Easy Crockpot Carnitas. My #1 fav blogger has done it again. Lindsay seriously has outdone herself on this one.
This took me 5 minutes to throw in the crockpot before work and about 10 minutes when I got home. I threw them in a tortilla and whipped up some Avocado Cilantro Sauce and dinner was served.
Hubs deemed these the best carnitas he’s ever had. Yup, they are THAT good. The flavor imparted into the meat is practically indescribable. And those crispy edges from the broiler? Be still my heart. And the juiciness of the pork? Unbelievable. Juicy, crispy, bursting with flavor H-E-A-V-E-N. I’m not even exaggerating.
I’m beyond excited for this one. Any guests coming by in the next – undetermined amount of time – you will be receiving these for dinner. And I’m pretty sure you won’t be complaining.
- 4-5 lbs. pork shoulder
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chipotle hot sauce (optional)
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup orange juice
- 12 ounces beer
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Rub the garlic into the meat. Sprinkle the meat with salt, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cinnamon, and cayenne. Rub seasonings onto the pork.
- Add lime juice, orange juice and beer. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat the broiler (if you don't have a broiler, heat your oven to 400 degrees). Transfer the pork to a baking sheet lined with foil. Shred with two forks, It should fall apart easily.
- Pour one cup of sauce over the top of the shredded pork. Broil for 5-10 minutes or until you get browned edges on the pork.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings. Recommended: Avocado Cilantro Sauce or cilantro, onions, & lime juice and/or salsa.