Yes, I know. This ENTIRE post is about a salad dressing… For real? It is. Here’s the thing, this salad dressing is awesome. And, yes, I meant to include pics of the actual salad that went along with the salad dressing but it didn’t happen. Easter happened. And as I watched the salad be put out on the table I thought, “I should probably snap a pic of that.” Then, I instantly forgot about it and next thing I knew the salad was gone-zo. So, you’re going to have to imagine the salad. It’s a wonderful salad but the star is most def the dressing.
My meat-and-potatoes hubs puts it on EVERYTHING. Like this random plate of tomatoes. He devoured it and asked for more immediately. He now prefers it over balsamic when we have caprese. He dips his chicken in it. This is so not like him and his foodie ways. So, when he grabs THIS from the fridge and NOT the ranch?! It’s quite the day ladies & gents. Give it up to Cooking Classy for coming up with this gem of a dressing!
Light, fresh, and full-o-flava, you’re going to love this dressing! It whips up easy in a little blender or mini food processor and even keeps for a week. It is literally good on everything, as the hubs has demonstrated. You’re going to love the sweet, tangy, perfect zing this dressing gives your favorite salad. Here’s mine: Romaine, corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado and feta. Add some grilled chicken and you’ve got the perfect lunch or dinner!
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- In a blender combine lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse mixture until cilantro has been finely chopped.
- With blender set on low speed, slowly drizzle olive oil into blender in a slow and steady stream, then blend until slightly thickened about 20 seconds longer.
- Will keep in an airtight container for one week.