There’s ALWAYS time for Guacamole. Always. But, there’s not always time for chopping a bunch of different ingredients and mixing away until you’ve reached the perfect combo. Sometimes I spend so much time on the actual dinner that once I’ve reached guac making time, I’m over it. I made this Quick & Easy Guacamole on a whim one night and haven’t stopped since. It’s super fast (under 5 minutes!), ridiculously easy and beyond delish. Creamy, a little spicy and perfect for chips, tacos, burritos, nachos, just about anything and everything.
I’m all about simple right now as our lives are slowly put into more and more boxes. Can someone please tell me WHY I have so much stuff! Ugh. I’ve always blamed our semi-hoarding on the hubby, but as I sort through the house I’ve come to the sad realization that I’m actually the problem. And I still don’t want to part with it! I mean, really, who needs 27 books on Chinese herbs? And 14 on tongue diagnosis (yes, that’s a thing – Acupuncturist, here, remember?) Me, I tell you. I don’t even want to count the number of cookbooks I have *insert covering face emoji* I just can’t. I mean we are getting more space, right? On that note, who wants to help us haul boxes?! Twice! Ha! I’m not joking. We. need. help. I’ll cook for ya! =)
Until then, I’ll just be over here stuffing my face with chips & guac as I continue to pack away all of my treasures. The best part about this ‘recipe’ – if you can even call it that – is that you can have fresh, homemade guacamole in under 5 minutes. Scoop out some avocados, add some garlic salt, a squeeze of lime & your favorite hot sauce – mash, mash, mash. Done. Seriously. That’s it. I promise it tastes great! I’ll give you our ‘recipe’ but it’s always smart to start small and taste as you add and add and keep on adding. Some like it hot.
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt (or use garlic powder + salt)*
- 1-2 Tablespoons Tapatio (or your favorite hot sauce)*
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- *Start small and taste as you go. This is how we like it but you may want it less/more spicy, garlicky, lime-y or salty =)
- Cut avocados in half and scoop into a medium bowl.
- Add garlic salt (or garlic powder + salt), hot sauce and squeeze your limes.
- Mash with a fork until desired consistency. (We like this guac creamy with a tiny bit of chunkiness left).
- Add more garlic, salt, lime juice or hot sauce to taste.