I’ve gone cranberry crazy! Apparently this Thanksgiving is the year of the cranberry. I’m good with that. You? I wanted everyone to have a little take-home at the end of Friendsgiving night. I was trying to decide between a batch of pumpkin butter or apple butter and then I saw THIS. Oh, Skinnytaste you’ve done it yet again.
Cranberry + Pear = a FABULOUS combo. Best part? It’s made in a slow cooker! Yaaassss!!! Serious winning here. Plus, it’s gorg! It’s sweet, slightly tart, so cute in mason jars, fantastic slathered on a roll by itself, and perfection on a leftover turkey sandwich. We also tried it with our applewood smoked turkey and pork loin. The verdict: Dare I say, better than this Orange Cranberry Sauce?! Nah, just different. A lot smoother and a little sweeter.
Trust me, you need both on your table! They both are incredibly simple to throw together AND you can make them both ahead of time, score! If you’re hosting T-Day, how cute is this to send your guests home with? Or if you’re attending a dinner or two, I guarantee your host/ess would love to receive a jar or two.
- 5 ounces cranberries (1 generous cup)
- 36 ounces (7 large) pears, peeled cored, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- Zest of one orange
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for two hours, until the pears are tender.
- Use an immersion blender (or blend in batches) to puree the mixture until smooth.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 4 hours or more until very thick, stirring occasionally. Transfer the pear butter to an air tight container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.