Chocolate, chocolate and more CHOCOLATE. This cake is rich, moist, dense, fudgy, and – as if you couldn’t tell – filled with C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E. Then I went ahead and poured a professional looking and tasting Satin Chocolate Glaze over the top of it. Outta. This. World. When you see just how easy it is it makes it that much better! That glaze? Made in the microwave in under two minutes! This is not a joke, people. Best. glaze. ever. And the cake, ohhh, the cake. It’s like a brownie/cake all in one. Ice cream, homemade whipped cream and/or a TALL glass of ice cold milk is a MUST here!
When you need a showstopper of a dessert to dazzle your guests or you just want to spend a night at home with Netflix and drown your sorrows, this cake is IT. I pride myself on being somewhat of a chocoholic so I feel like you can take my advice on this one. If you’re cravings are sky high, this cake + glaze will fulfill your dreams and more! I was a wee bit skerrrd as I was throwing this one together as the batter seems way too thick to become an actual cake but I promise you it will. And, if you don’t want to take my word, check out the 4,598 reviews on Allrecipes where I found the cake recipe and 1,043 reviews for the glaze!
What is it about chocolate cake making all right with the world? Cut me a hefty slice of this baby, add an icy cold glass of 2% milk, the hubs and my yorkie for some snuggling along with some good ol’ fashioned Netflix binging and I’ll be the happiest girl in the whole wide world! Ok, speaking of Netflix, I need a new show ya’ll. I’m your typical Breaking Bad, Walking Dead (and now Fear the Walking Dead), The Killing, and all other intense murder/crime/drama show lover. What am I missing? I’m feeling a weekend full of laziness up ahead and need a new thriller + this cake to keep me company. Help a girl out!
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup strong coffee (cooled)
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (regular or mini)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup (TIP: Spray your measuring spoon w/nonstick spray before measuring your corn syrup & it will slide right out!)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and coffee. Mix the chocolate chips with the flour (this will keep them from sinking to the bottom of your cake).
- Stir chocolate chips into the batter pour into a well greased 10 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate or cake stand.
- For the Glaze:
- Once the cake is cool and has been inverted onto a plate, make your glaze.
- Add all ingredients except for the vanilla extract to a large pyrex (glass/microwave safe) measuring cup.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Whisk or stir very well, until smooth. If needed, microwave in 15 second increments and stir in between until satiny smooth. Add vanilla extract and stir. Pour over cake while warm and enjoy!